HPASS – Halton-Peel Armenian Saturday School
In the spring of 2005, that a small group of parents came together with the vision of starting a Saturday Armenian School in Halton-Peel. This vision is now a reality, with 55 registered students who attend the school each Saturday.
Each Saturday it is a pleasure to see happy children, full of enthusiasm, immersed in a truly Armenian environment, learning the language and the culture, and most important becoming aware of their Armenian heritage.
The Mission Statement of our school is to educate our community children in the culture, traditions, and language of Armenia, in a fun and motivating environment.
Our governing values are :
- > to foster the Armenian cultural heritage and language
- > to support and assist parents in preserving their Armenian values
- > to teach the children to read and write Armenian
- > to encourage the students to become successful contributing members of the Canadian society as well as the Canadian-Armenian community
- > to strengthen in the children an appreciation and respect of their heritage, in reverence for the sacrifices made by our forefathers
COME AND LEARN ARMENIAN IN A FUN WAY
- > Combined Western and Eastern Armenian Language instruction.
- > Affiliated with the Halton Catholic District School Board International Language Program.
- > In operation since 1999 combining the past educational experiences of Lilian Sarian and educational assistants with the fun teaching methods from the successful Armenian Camp running since 2003.